Doing death differently
Farewell my friend ~ until we meet again
I am a believer that life should be celebrated – all facets of life. And the ending of one’s life is no different. I am universal in my approach, with a background in religious tertiary education and a spiritual mindset. This has shaped my values and beliefs giving me the perfect platform as a grounded, calm and understanding Celebrant.
As a caring and intuitive person, I offer my services for all forms of farewells and provide the comfort and support desired during these difficult times. I have a gift for crafting a funeral service that reflects the true identity of the individual, with all their attributes, narrated with warmth, sincerity, professionalism and spirit.
Celebrating one’s life is an honour and creating
a sacred space with ceremony is my speciality.”
- Living Funerals: due to terminal illness, your loved one may wish to be present at their own funeral celebration
- Funeral Service: parlour/private residence/nature – park/beach
- Memorial Service
- Ash Scattering
- Green Funerals
- Transitions and After Death Care Plans – education and options available for the next stage, your legal obligations and the full role of your Celebrant
There are many things to consider when holding a Funeral service and celebrating one’s life. Below are a couple of items for your consideration:
- Where to have the ceremony?
- Did they love the outdoors and nature and if so, do you wish to hold the ceremony outdoors in nature at a beautiful park or beach?
- Do you need a Death Doula to assist with the transition, legals and funeral proceedings, or would you prefer to appoint a Funeral Director and a particular Funeral Home?
- What are the specific wishes the deceased has asked for when celebrating their life?
- If there are no last wishes, consider what they cherished the most. Their favourite hobbies, crafts, pastime activities, adventurous spirit, food, drinks and places they loved.
- Would a family member like to share the Eulogy during the service or would you prefer the Celebrant to read this?
- Who will write the Eulogy – family or the assistance of the Celebrant?
- Slideshow of photos?
- What was their favourite music or musician? Would you like live music or a piper?
- What was their favourite smell? Would you like to fill the sacred space with their favourite smell ie lavender / rosemary / incense / sage?
- Would you like to clear the space with sage burning before people enter the sacred space of the service?
I have a wonderful checklist that will provide the guidance you need to ensure no stone is unturned and full consideration is taken on board, when planning your loved one’s Life Celebration. Meeting with you and your family in person will allow me to receive the information needed to successfully curate a truly memorable service.
Planning a Funeral can be a very emotional and vulnerable time for loved ones. Having the right person to provide guidance and assistance in the areas that are needed most, is invaluable at this time.
As your Funeral Celebrant, let’s connect, let’s build trust, and let my compassion, warmth and understanding guide us all through this process.
It would be my honour to provide my services for you and your family ensuring the life celebration of your loved one, is the best farewell that could ever be imagined.
Please contact me via phone or email regarding my ‘Farewell’ service packages.
Death is one of the most precious experiences in life.
It is literally a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.”